Do you know the real story behind the New Testament?
We all share a fascination for discovering 'the rest of the story.' We enjoy learning the behind-the-scenes facts about seemingly familiar events. In The New Testament You Never Knew, well-known Bible scholars N.T. Wright and Michael F. Bird team up to take you on a tour of the explosive story behind the story of the New Testament.
You will discover things you never knew about...
- The political upheaval of the day that made the nature of Jesus' coming so unexpected
- The underlying meanings behind Jesus' parables and miracles
- The Kingdom of God and why everything about it was so shocking
- The resurrection and why, despite repeated predictions, no one saw it coming
- The mission of the church and how it is more complex than we realize
- The transforming power of Jesus and how it can still turn the world upside down today
Through reading the New Testament we continually discover that God indeed keeps his promises, but those promises don't always look like what people expected. Especially when it comes to Jesus. So, come join the journey to discover why N.T. Wright calls the New Testament "one of the most explosive books ever written."
The study guide (DVD/video streaming sold separately) includes teaching notes, discussion questions, Bible exploration, personal study and reflection materials, as well as interesting facts about the New Testament.
- The Books of the New Testament
- The World of Jesus and the Apostles
- The Life and Death of Jesus
- The Resurrection of Jesus
- The Ministry of the Apostle Paul
- The Early Christians and the Church
- The Mission of the Church
- The Creation of the New Testament
Designed for use with The New Testament You Never Knew Video Study (9780310085287), sold separately.
- ISBN-13: 9780310085263
- ISBN-10: 0310085268
- Publisher: Harperchristian Resources
- Publish Date: February 2019
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 6 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.5 pounds
- Page Count: 160