"Coraline meets Monsters, Inc. in this delightfully entertaining offering from actor Jason] Segel and co-author Kirsten] Miller."--Publishers Weekly The hilariously frightening, middle-grade novel Nightmares is a Texas Bluebonnet nominee and the first book in a trilogy about a boy named Charlie and a group of kids who must face their fears to save their town. Charlie Laird has several problems. 1. His dad married a woman he is sure moonlights as a witch.
2. He had to move into her purple mansion--the creepiest place in Cypress Creek.
3. He can't remember the last time sleeping wasn't a nightmarish prospect. Like even a nap. What Charlie doesn't know is that his problems are about to get a whole lot more real. Nightmares can ruin a good night's sleep, but when they start slipping out of your dreams and into the waking world . . . well, that's something only Charlie can face. And he's going to need all the help he can get, or it might just be lights-out for Charlie Laird. For good.
Praise for the Nightmares Series: Nightmares (Bk 1) is a Texas Bluebonnet Nominee"Charlie Laird, who learns fear will eat you alive if you feed it, makes an impression, and...readers will want to accompany him again."--The New York Times Book Review "A touching comical saga...about facing things that go bump in the night."--US Weekly "Comical antics, cartoonish spot illustrations, and creepy villains make for quite an entertaining read."--Booklist "Succeeds at scaring and amusing in equal measure . . . Sweet, charming, and imaginative."--Kirkus Reviews "An engaging and creative story...woven with a generous amount of] humor."--VOYA "There's humor and a fairly high ick-factor."--School Library Journal "Cleverly crafted...This novel presents just the right mix of 'scary and humorous.'"--ILA Literacy Daily
- ISBN-13: 9780385744263
- ISBN-10: 0385744269
- Publisher: Yearling Books
- Publish Date: July 2015
- Dimensions: 8.1 x 5.5 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.9 pounds
- Page Count: 400
- Reading Level: Ages 8-12