After a year spent at a boarding school for her past mistakes, Ashlyn is ready to reconnect with her friends, restart her life, and enter senior year. But when family trouble hits home and she is forced to help out at her estranged cousin's wilderness retreat center, Ashlyn struggles between returning to the girl she was or growing into someone new.
Ashlyn Zanotti has big plans for the summer. She's just spent a year at boarding school and can't wait to get home. But when Ashlyn's father is arrested for tax evasion and her mother enters a rehab facility for "exhaustion," a.k.a. depression, her life is turned upside down again.
Things go from bad to worse when Ashlyn's father sends her to work with a cousin she doesn't even know at a rustic team-building retreat center in the middle of nowhere. A self-proclaimed "indoor girl," not even Ash's habit of leaving breadcrumb quotes--inspirational sayings she scribbles everywhere--can help her cope.
With a dangerously careless camp manager doling out grunt work, an overbearing father trying to control her even from prison, and more than a little boy drama to struggle with, the summer is full of challenges. And Ashlyn must make the toughest decision of her life: keep quiet and follow her dad's marching orders or find the courage to finally stand up to her father to have any hope of finding her way back home.
A modern twist on Hansel and Gretel, No Place like Here features:
- A strong female lead who doesn't shy away from difficult parent-teen relationships
- A clean and wholesome love triangle, romcom vibes, and feel-good fuzzy emotions
- Returning cast of characters from Christina June's It Started With Goodbye
- Perfect for fans of Elise Bryant, Morgan Matson, and Sarah Dessen
- ISBN-13: 9780310766926
- ISBN-10: 0310766923
- Publisher: Blink
- Publish Date: May 2019
- Dimensions: 8.2 x 5.4 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.5 pounds
- Page Count: 288
- Reading Level: Ages 13-17