Noise: Living and leading when nobody can focus creates a focused way to lower the static in your personal and professional life. Our brains are bombarded with non-stop noise.
In the digital age, we battle weapons of mass distraction every day. Everything is competing for, draining and dividing our attention. It's harder than ever to stay focused. Whether it's smartphones or smartwatches, endless choices online or in stores, pervasive screens or texts and alert notifications screaming for an immediate reply, our attention is constantly being pulled in different directions.
Author Joe McCormack provides a powerful approach to tune into what matters and tune down the distractions and disruptions that slow us down. Noise is a sequel to McCormack's award-winning first book Brief: Make a bigger impact by saying less. McCormack's approach is to provide encouraging, practical ways to regain focus at work, school and at home in environments of constant distractions and competing priorities.
This engaging, informative book will help you:
- Recognize how easily your mind is overwhelmed by information and electronic devices
- Learn powerful life lessons that showcase the risks we face professionally and personally
- Understand how to strengthen your mind's power to filter out constant distractions
- Improve the ways people around you can focus when they're mindlessly distracted
- Access a practical action plan that you can use to defend yourself every day
Noise: Living and leading when nobody can focus is a valuable resource for individuals to focus more and get burdened less.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781119553373
- ISBN-10: 1119553377
- Publisher: Wiley
- Publish Date: December 2019
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.1 x 1.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Page Count: 304