New York Times bestselling author Dr. Jason Fung helped thousands of people lose weight with his groundbreaking book The Obesity Code.
Now, he offers the ultimate companion cookbook, filled with zero carb recipes and intermittent fasting plans to help readers lose weight, manage type 2 diabetes, and increase longevity, all while eating delicious food.
In his original bestseller The Obesity Code, Dr. Jason Fung showed us that everything about our metabolism, including our weight, depends upon on our hormones. He showed us that the hormone insulin triggers our bodies to store calories as fat, and that once we understand weight gain as a result of excess insulin and homonal imbalance in our body, we can begin to treat it by looking at what's on our plate.
Enter The Obesity Code Cookbook, a collection of mouthwatering recipes for your journey to lower insulin, lose weight for good, and reverse and prevent type 2 diabetes. More than a recipe book, it comes with bonus material including:
- A guide to stocking your pantry with the right foods (and ditching the wrong foods);
- Fung's easy-to-understand explainers on how weight gain and weight loss really work;
- intermittent fasting FAQs and best practices;
- and meal plans for 16-hour, 24-hour, and 36-hour fasts.
In other words, The Obesity Code Cookbook will not only show you what to eat, but also when to eat it--and why.
But eating this way doesn't have to bland. The Obesity Code Cookbook's many delicious comfort foods include:
- Hearty breakfasts like the Everyday Omelette and Coconut Pancakes;
- Flavorful vegetable mains like Roasted Cauliflower with Turmeric and Tahini and spicy Thai Vegetable Curry
- Scrumptious seafood such as Scallops with Prosciutto and Chili Garlic Shrimp
- Meat-forward mains such as Gruyere Meat Loaf, Pork Belly with Star Anise, Roast Chicken Thighs with Lemon and Tea-Braised Duck with Fennel
And don't forget about desserts and snacks: Nut Bars with Chocolate Drizzle, Almond Fig Cake, and Walnut Power Balls are just a few of the delights you'll enjoy while eating your way to a healthier, better you.
Praise for Dr. Jason Fung:
"The doctor who invented intermittent fasting."--The Daily Mail
"Dr. Jason Fung's explanation of insulin resistance and the accompanying insulin model of obesity is original, brilliant and game changing."
--Zo Harcombe, Obesity researcher, author of The Harcrombe Diet
Dr. Jason Fung triumphs in explaining the core underlying causes of obesity and manages to simplify it in a way that anybody can understand. If more doctors and people were able to understand these causes and implement Dr. Fung's actionable advice then we would be able to start reversing the obesity epidemic tomorrow."
--Sam Feltham, USA Today World Fitness Elite Trainer of the Year
"Fung zeroes in on why insulin resistance has become so prevalent and offers specific outside-the-box solutions that have emerged as the key to maximizing health."
--Jimmy Moore, author, Keto Clarity and Cholesterol Clarity
- ISBN-13: 9781771644761
- ISBN-10: 1771644761
- Publisher: Greystone Books
- Publish Date: December 2019
- Dimensions: 9 x 7.3 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds
- Page Count: 224