Respect yourself in the morning -- read One-Night Stands with American History
This collection of little-known facts and anecdotes is American history with the boring parts left out. Richard Shenkman and Kurt Reiger have uncovered numerous stories about hoaxes, inventions, secrets, and rare incidents -- many involving the most famous and powerful people in America.
- President U. S. Grant was arrested for speeding in his horse carriage.
- J. Edgar Hoover refused to allow people to walk on his shadow.
- France shipped Louisiana twenty-five prostitutes because women were in short supply in 1721.
- H. L. Hunt won his first oil well in a game of five-card stud.
Even historians find that One-Night Stands with American History features fascinating stories they never knew. Now updated with facts and anecdotes from the last twenty years, this volume is a treasure trove of remarkable stories that will startle, entertain, and inform you. And the best part is that they're all true
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780060538200
- ISBN-10: 0060538201
- Publisher: William Morrow & Company
- Publish Date: August 2003
- Dimensions: 8.02 x 5.42 x 0.84 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.65 pounds
- Page Count: 322