Outer Order, Inner Calm : Declutter and Organize to Make More Room for Happiness
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER - In this lovely, easy-to-use illustrated guide to decluttering, the beloved author of The Happiness Project shows us how to take control of our stuff--and, by extension, our lives.Gretchen Rubin knows firsthand that creating order can make our lives happier, healthier, more productive, and more creative. But for most of us, a rigid, one-size-fits-all solution doesn't work. When we tailor our approach to suit our own particular challenges and habits, we can find inner calm. With a sense of fun, and a clear idea of what's realistic for most people, Rubin suggests dozens of manageable tips and tricks for creating a more serene, orderly environment, including: - Never label anything "miscellaneous."
- Ask yourself, "Do I need more than one?"
- Don't aim for minimalism.
- Remember: If you can't retrieve it, you won't use it.
- Stay current with a child's interests.
- Beware the urge to "procrasticlear." By getting rid of things we don't use, don't need, or don't love, we free our minds (and our shelves) for what we truly value.
- ISBN-13: 9781984822802
- ISBN-10: 1984822802
- Publisher: Harmony
- Publish Date: March 2019
- Dimensions: 7.1 x 5.1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.7 pounds
- Page Count: 240