Teaches students of all ages the basics of phonics with a time-tested, foolproof method
This tenth edition of the best-selling book teaches reading using sounds and spelling patterns. These sounds and patterns are introduced one at a time, and slowly built into words, syllables, phrases, and sentences. Simple step-by-step directions begin every lesson. Although originally designed for K-2 emergent readers, this award-winning book is also successfully being used with adolescent and adult learners, as well as second language learners and students with learning disabilities. Wise and humorous proverbs encourage virtues such as patience, perseverance, honesty, kindness, compassion, courage, and loyalty.
- Offers help for all students including those with learning disabilities or very short attention spans
- Includes extensive examples, word lists, and practice readings that are 100% decodable
- Uses a multisensory method that benefits all learning styles
This bestselling, much-loved book offers a complete approach to teaching phonics and reading for a fraction of the cost of other programs.
- ISBN-13: 9781118022436
- ISBN-10: 1118022432
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass
- Publish Date: May 2011
- Dimensions: 10.9 x 8.5 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.45 pounds
- Page Count: 288