What's happening to me?
This book translates anxiety from the jargon of psychology into concrete experiences that children can relate to. Children and their parents will understand the biological and emotional components of anxiety responsible for the upsetting symptoms they experience.
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplacePlease Explain Anxiety to Me! Simple Biology and Solutions for Children and Parents (Hardcover)
Publisher: Loving Healing Press$27.95
What's happening to me?
This book translates anxiety from the jargon of psychology into concrete experiences that children can relate to. Children and their parents will understand the biological and emotional components of anxiety responsible for the upsetting symptoms they experience. Please Explain Anxiety to Me, 2nd Edition gives accurate physiological information in child friendly language. A colorful dinosaur story explains the link between brain and body functioning, followed by practical therapeutic techniques that children can use to help themselves. Children will:
- learn that they can handle most issues if they are explained at their developmental level
- understand the brain/body connection underlying anxiety
- identify with the examples given
- find comfort and reassurance in knowing that others have the same experience
- be provided with strategies and ideas to help them change their anxiety responses
- be able to enjoy childhood and to give up unnecessary worrying
Therapists and Educators Praise "Please Explain Anxiety To Me, Second Edition"
"On any given day, around thirty percent of my patients have anxiety related symptoms. The simplicity and completeness of the explanations and treatment of anxiety given in this book is remarkable. Defining the cause, treating the core symptoms, and most importantly bringing it to a child's level accompanied by wonderful illustrations, is an incredible feat. I will definitely use this book in my practice."
Zev Ash, M.D. F.A.A.P., Pediatrician
"Anxiety is, of course, a complicated neuro-physiological process but it has been reduced to understandable terms in this brilliantly illustrated book for children. I would go even further and say that there are adults who could benefit from the straightforward approach."
Rick Ritter, MSW, author of "Coping with Physical Loss and Disability"
"This excellent book is perfect for parents to read and discuss with their children. It's also perfect for school professionals to use in the school setting."
Herb R. Brown, Ed.D., Superintendent of Schools Oceanside Public Schools, New York
..".A charming--and calming--explanation of anxiety that will help both children and their parents turn their internal worry switches to the OFF position."
Ellen Singer, New York Times-acclaimed bestselling author
Available in paperback, hardcover, eBook, and audiobook wherever books are sold.
Learn more at www.DrZelinger.com
From the "Growing With Love" Series at Loving Healing Press www.LHPress.com
SEL036000, Self-Help: Anxieties & Phobias
PSY006000 Psychology: Psychotherapy - Child & Adolescent
JNF053050 Juvenile Nonfiction: Social Issues - Emotions & Feelings
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781615992164
- ISBN-10: 1615992162
- Publisher: Loving Healing Press
- Publish Date: February 2014
- Page Count: 44
- Reading Level: Ages 5-8
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 8.5 x 0.12 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.27 pounds
Series: Growing with Love