Get up to speed on the U.S. political system
Confused by caucuses, primaries, and pollsters? Puzzled by the various parties and special interest groups? Politics For Dummies has everything you need to understand local, state, and national politics; how to communicate with your elected officials; and what your representatives can do for you.
You'll find out all about lobbying groups, sub-committees, the government branches, and how elections work. Also included is new information on how to use online tools and social media to find out what legislation is on the floor, what issues are before the Supreme Court, and when congress and the Supreme Court are in session.
- Understand the United States political system
- Learn more about the three branches of U.S. government
- Discover the differences in federal, state, and local operations
- Get need-to-know information for involvement
This book cuts through the political jargon and provides clear, up-to-date details about everything from legislation to polls to presidential elections in the United States--and explains how you can become a political player yourself.
- ISBN-13: 9781119652953
- ISBN-10: 1119652952
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: January 2020
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.3 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.15 pounds
- Page Count: 384