The Practical Bushcraft Survival Guide
How to Find Food, Water, Shelter & Fire in the Wilderness and Survive
Survival situations often don't start off as such, like a day hike or a fishing trip. It is only when things go wrong that you are suddenly faced with life and death survival situation. Therefore, you want to plan for the unexpected. Before you set off into the woods, take the time to go through all contingencies.
Disasters often don't come with advance notice, nor does it send you any early warning signs. So learning how to survive in the wilderness can truly save you and your family's life. After I started hiking, backpacking, and camping out for many years in 17 different countries, I have mastered the art of survival in the woods. Because I have done it for so long, and I will tell you, it was a 'learn as I go' process for me. But for you, it may not be that easy. Why may you ask? What if there is a severe natural or man-made disaster happens suddenly, what if a war breaks out? Would you be ready?
I have been teaching hiking, camping, and backpacking for many years throughout many countries, but only within the last three years, a group of people in Columbia asked me to teach them survival tactics in the woods. That question opened my mind and eyes wide open; I knew why they had asked me to teach them, but what if similar civil and or political unrest or war breaks out in our country, how many of us would be ready? More importantly, how many of us would actually survive?
I believe every one of us needs to know at least the basics of wilderness survival like what bushcraft skills you need, what bushcraft gears and supplies you will require along with how to navigate yourself in the wilderness. This way, if you ever need it, you will have the knowledge. Along with the knowledge, let's make a survival pack ready just in case. In that pack, we can put a few pieces of necessary gear and some must-have items. Once you do these two things (first gather the basic knowledge of survival, second get the emergency pack ready), I believe you will sleep better at night.
At a quick glance, this is what you will master after reading this book:
- How to Get Started in Bushcraft
- 4 Survival Basics in the woods
- 10 Bushcraft Skills to Master
- Tips and tricks to Bushcraft survival
- Bushcraft Tools and Gears you need
- How to Find and treat Water (Source Water from Plants, Trees & Underground)
- How to find and prepare food ( Trapping, Gathering & Cooking)
- How to Catch Fish (Barehand, Trotline, Spearfishing, Fish Traps)
- How to make Snare, Traps to Catch Animals
- How to start a Fire without Lighters or Matches
- How to Build both long and short term Shelters
- Bushcraft Safety and Emergency First Aid (How to use medicinal herbs)
- How to Navigate your way around the wilderness (Map and Compass reading Basics)
- How to Practice and get prepared for Wilderness Survival
- Activities you can do in the woods
- Money-saving tips on Bushcraft Survival Gear
- List of items you need to take with you
Lastly, I know there are dozens of similar books out there, so you may ask why this one? Well, I practice what I preach. It took me years to learn, practice, and perfect the skills that I shared here. So what you will read here comes directly from my personal experience and not from Google search.
Let's get started
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781540756817
- ISBN-10: 1540756815
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
- Publish Date: November 2016
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.44 pounds
- Page Count: 142