Names have power--and knowing God's name is to enjoy a kind of privileged access to him. Join bestselling author Ann Spangler as she invites you to experience God's love and power by exploring the Hebrew names of God.
Names in the ancient world did more than simply distinguish one person from another. In fact, they often conveyed the essential nature and character of a person. This is especially true when it comes to the names of God recorded in the Bible: El Shaddai, Elohim, Adonai, Abba, El Elyon.
Praying the Names of God is a twenty-six-week devotional study that explores the most prominent names of God in the Old Testament to reveal the deeper meanings behind them and to teach you how to pray through them. Each name or title is broken down into three sections each week:
- Monday: Study a portion of Scripture that reveals a specific name of God
- Tuesday through Thursday: Pray specific Scripture passages related to the name
- Friday: Pray Scripture promises connected to the name
As you journey through this devotional, you'll gain a more intimate understanding of who God is and how he can be relied upon in every circumstance of your life, enabling you to echo the psalmist's prayer: "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."
- ISBN-13: 9780310345817
- ISBN-10: 0310345812
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: September 2016
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.4 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.7 pounds
- Page Count: 352