The future of learning depends absolutely on the future of teaching. In this latest and most important collaboration, Andy Hargreaves and Michael Fullan show how the quality of teaching is captured in a compelling new idea: the professional capital of every teacher working together in every school. Speaking out against policies that result in a teaching force that is inexperienced, inexpensive, and exhausted in short order, these two world authorities--who know teaching and leadership inside out--set out a groundbreaking new agenda to transform the future of teaching and public education.
Ideas-driven, evidence-based, and strategically powerful, Professional Capital combats the tired arguments and stereotypes of teachers and teaching and shows us how to change them by demanding more of the teaching profession and more from the systems that support it. This is a book that no one connected with schools can afford to ignore.
- A powerful and practical solution to what ails American schools.
- Action guidelines for all groups--individual teachers, administrators, schools and districts, state and federal leaders.
- A next-generation update of core themes from the authors' bestselling book, What's Worth Fighting for in Your School?
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780807753323
- ISBN-10: 0807753327
- Publisher: Teachers College Press
- Publish Date: March 2012
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 6.1 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.75 pounds
- Page Count: 240