Succeed as a project manager, even if you've never run a project before! This book is the fastest way to master every project management task, from upfront budgeting and scheduling through execution, managing teams through closing projects, and learning from experience.Read more...
This item is only available to U.S. and Canada billing addresses.
Succeed as a project manager, even if you've never run a project before! This book is the fastest way to master every project management task, from upfront budgeting and scheduling through execution, managing teams through closing projects, and learning from experience. Updated with more insights from the front lines, including agile approaches, dealing with security and privacy priorities, and leading remote/virtual teams, along with the latest on Microsoft Project and PMI standards and certifications and a special bonus chapter on preparing for the PMP certification. This book will show you exactly how to get the job done, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. Project management has never, ever been this simple!
Who knew how simple project management could be?
This is today's best beginner's guide to modern project management... simple, practical instructions for succeeding with every task you'll need to perform! Here's a small sample of what you'll learn:
• Master the key skills and qualities every project manager needs
• Lead projects, don't just "manage" them
• Avoid 15 most common mistakes new project managers make
• Learn from troubled, successful, and "recovered" projects
• Set the stage for success by effectively defining your project
• Build a usable project plan and an accurate work breakdown structure (WBS)
• Create budgets and schedules that help you manage risk
• Use powerful control and reporting techniques, including earned value management
• Smoothly manage project changes, issues, risks, deliverables, and quality
• Manage project communications and stakeholder expectations
• Organize and lead high-performance project teams
• Manage cross-functional, cross-cultural, and virtual projects
• Work successfully with vendors and Project Management Offices
• Make the most of Microsoft Project and new web-based alternatives
• Get started with agile and "critical chain" project management
• Gain key insights that will accelerate your learning curve
• Know how to respond to real-life situations, not just what they teach you in schoolNormal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
This item is Non-Returnable.