- Fits national reading standards by linking images to the text to provide picture clues and introducing ageappropriate vocabulary.
- This series meets the Reading First initiative.
- The repetitive language, structure, and rhyming patterns help children decipher words.
- Word lists at the back of each book help build reading vocabularies.
Curriculum Standards: Grades K-4 Social Studies Standards
- Describe ways in which language, stories, folktales, music, and artistic creations serve as expressions of culture and influence behavior of people living in a particular culture.
Grades K-4 Science Standards
Physical Science: II
- Objects have many observable properties, including size, weight, shape, color, temperature, and the ability to react with other substances.
Grades Pre-K-2 Mathematics/Geometry Standard:
- Recognize, name, build, draw, compare, and sort two-and three-dimensional shapes
- Investigate and predict the results of putting together and taking apart two-and three-dimensional shapes
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780531268032
- ISBN-10: 0531268039
- Publisher: Scholastic
- Publish Date: September 2011
- Dimensions: 6.8 x 5.8 x 0.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.2 pounds
- Page Count: 40
- Reading Level: Ages 3-6