An Expository Journey through the Book of James Helps Christians Move from Double-Mindedness to Wholeness
Everyone longs for wholeness and honesty in their lives. In reality, people are often double-minded--pulled between good and evil--in their speech, actions, and character. These rifts can be spiritually and relationally devastating. So how does God heal a fractured heart?
This exploration of the New Testament book of James helps readers identify double-mindedness in their own lives and understand God's grace as he "pulls apart the divided heart to make it whole." Explaining James's challenging epistle chapter by chapter, David Gibson helps readers embrace the painful yet profound process of redemption, defeat double-mindedness, and experience wholeness in every area of their lives.
- Theologically Rich: Thoroughly examines major themes in the book of James, including double-mindedness, pride, spiritual maturity, suffering, and God's grace
- Winsome and Accessible: This clear, expository study is ideal for pastors and laypeople, including college students and those involved in small groups or adult Sunday School
- Written by David Gibson: Author of Living Life Backward: How Ecclesiastes Teaches Us to Live in Light of the End
- Includes Study Questions: Each chapter ends with questions for deeper reflection
- ISBN-13: 9781433582066
- ISBN-10: 1433582066
- Publisher: Crossway
- Publish Date: October 2022
- Dimensions: 8.48 x 5.58 x 0.57 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.61 pounds
- Page Count: 216