Produce your own milk, cheese, meat, fiber, fertilizer, and more
Incorporating dairy goats into a diversified homestead can be the key to greater self-sufficiency. Responding to questions and concerns from readers from all over North America and beyond, this fully revised and expanded edition of Raising Goats Naturally will help readers work with nature to raise dairy goats to produce milk, cheese, meat, fertilizer, leather, fiber, and soap - all without relying on drugs or following the factory farm model.
By observing your own animals closely and educating yourself about their specific needs, you can create an individualized plan for keeping them healthy and maximizing their productivity. This unique, fully-illustrated guide will teach you to help your herd thrive with:
- Breed-specific descriptions to help you choose the right goats for your goals and lifestyle
- Detailed information on housing, fencing, breeding, health, milking, and nutrition
- Complete recipes and instructions for making your own cheese, dairy products, and soap, as well as cooking with goat meat.
Packed with personal experiences and backed up by expert veterinary advice and scientific studies, Raising Goats Naturally brings together a wealth of practical information on raising goats for the love of it and using their milk and meat to become more self-reliant.
- ISBN-13: 9780865718470
- ISBN-10: 0865718474
- Publisher: New Society Publishers
- Publish Date: September 2018
- Dimensions: 8.8 x 7.4 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.45 pounds
- Page Count: 352