Your new kidney-friendly diet made easy with meal plans and flavorful recipes
When you've just been diagnosed with stage 1-4 chronic kidney disease, learning to follow diet restrictions can be a challenge. But your meals don't have to be complicated or boring to support your health and slow the disease's progression. Keep it simple and flavorful with the Renal Diet Cookbook for the Newly Diagnosed. This practical cookbook equips you with essential info, 4 weekly meal plans, and 100 easy, kidney-healthy recipes to kick-start your renal diet.
Find out how kidney disease works, and learn how diet plays a key role in keeping you healthy and avoiding dialysis. Explore at-a-glance food charts to help you regulate nutrients like sodium, potassium, phosphorus, and protein. All of the book's recipes include nutrition facts, and many can be made in 30 minutes or less--accommodating your busy schedule and helping keep your kidney-friendly diet stress-free.
The Renal Diet Cookbook for the Newly Diagnosed includes:
- 100+ Satisfying recipes--Enjoy Buckwheat Pancakes, Creamy Broccoli Soup, Lemon Garlic Halibut, Meatloaf with Mushroom Gravy, Strawberry Pie, and much more.
- 4 Weekly meal plans--Get started with four weeks of daily menus, complete with shopping lists, snack suggestions, and nutrition facts for every recipe.
- 5 Steps to a renal diet--Take your new diet one step at a time in five practical stages, including specific guidance for reading food labels and controlling portions.
Your proactive plan for your kidneys' health starts now with the Renal Diet Cookbook for the Newly Diagnosed.
- ISBN-13: 9781939754202
- ISBN-10: 1939754208
- Publisher: Rockridge Press
- Publish Date: October 2017
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 7.5 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.25 pounds
- Page Count: 216