This bestselling text pioneered the comparison of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research design. For all three approaches, John W. Creswell and new co-author J. David Creswell include a preliminary consideration of philosophical assumptions; key elements of the research process; a review of the literature; an assessment of the use of theory in research applications, and reflections about the importance of writing and ethics in scholarly inquiry.
New to this Edition
- Updated discussion on designing a proposal for a research project and on the steps in designing a research study.
- Additional content on epistemological and ontological positioning in relation to the research question and chosen methodology and method.
- Additional updates on the transformative worldview.
- Expanded coverage on specific approaches such as case studies, participatory action research, and visual methods.
- Additional information about social media, online qualitative methods, and mentoring and reflexivity in qualitative methods.
- Incorporation of action research and program evaluation in mixed methods and coverage of the latest advances in the mixed methods field
- Additional coverage on qualitative and quantitative data analysis software in the respective methods chapters.
- Additional information about causality and its relationship to statistics in quantitative methods.
- Incorporation of writing discussion sections into each of the three methodologies.
- Current references and additional readings are included in this new edition.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781506386706
- ISBN-10: 1506386709
- Publisher: Sage Publications, Inc
- Publish Date: January 2018
- Dimensions: 9.9 x 6.9 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Page Count: 304