"Clear, accurate, insightful. This might be the best introduction to financial freedom I've ever found." -J.D. Roth, author and founder of GetRichSlowly.org.
Personal finance and investing don't have to be complicated, intimidating or boring. Imagine having a guide to walk you through everything you need to chart a path to financial freedom. Forbes Deputy Editor Rob Berger has written your guide.
Find everything you need to get out of debt, control spending without painful budgets, manage multiple financial goals, and start investing for retirement. And yes, you'll even learn how to retire early if FIRE (Financial Independence, Retire Early) is your goal.
Here are just a few of the topics covered:
- The Money Audit: Learn how to save money without sacrifice. This step-by-step plan walks you through how to reduce your spending without changing your lifestyle.
- FIRE Math: You'll master the simple math behind early retirement. You'll also be able to determine how your daily, weekly and monthly decisions affect your journey to financial independence.
- Simple Investing: The days of being intimidated by mutual funds or the stock market are over. This book provides everything you need to build a simple investment portfolio that you can actually understand.
- Retirement Accounts: From 401(k) and 403(b) accounts to a Roth IRA and HSA (Health Spending Account), you'll learn how these accounts work. You'll also get a simple plan you can follow to decide which accounts are best for you.
- Get Out of Debt: Debt doesn't have to hold you back from your financial goals. The book walks through a simple way to pay off your debt in a sensible way while still saving, investing, and pursuing other financial goals.
- Life Experiments: Learn how your daily habits are affecting your finances and how you can master those habits by asking "what if" questions and running 21-day experiments.
The book is designed for anybody wanting to master their money, but is tired of all the complicated jargon.
Readers are already enjoying Retire Before Mom and Dad: "I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will go back and re-read, study & refer to many of its sections. The author writes in plain English and provides some really smart advice about our money and some really cool suggestions & referrals." Wesley, Goodreads Review.
"Probably one of the most straight forward and easiest to understand personal finance books with simple next action items to set yourself up for success on your journey towards financial freedom." Jeffrey Diritto, Goodreads Review.
- ISBN-13: 9781733914505
- ISBN-10: 1733914501
- Publisher: Glenbrook Press
- Publish Date: August 2019
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.61 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.87 pounds
- Page Count: 268