The book of Revelation unveils Jesus Christ in his glory and victorious return. And yet no other New Testament book of the Bible poses more serious and difficult interpretative challenges.
John MacArthur will take you through the book, passage by passage, so that you can better understand everything from the historical context to the coming of Christ's Kingdom.
The apostle John wrote this letter to the churches in Asia Minor who were feeling the overwhelming effects of persecution from all sides. It was a reminder to them that God saw their hardships, cared about them, and would reward them for their faithfulness.
Through the use of vivid imagery, John writes Revelation to reveal the end of human history, the return of Christ, and the establishment of a new heaven and a new earth. John's message of hope in Revelation assures Christians that God is in sovereign control of all past, present, and future events. He encourages believers to trust that Jesus Christ will judge the lost and will rule in ultimate victory over all human and demonic opposition.
--ABOUT THE SERIES--
The MacArthur Bible Study series is designed to help you study the Word of God with guidance from widely respected pastor and author John MacArthur. Each guide provides intriguing examinations of the whole of Scripture by examining its parts and incorporates:
- Extensive, but straight-forward commentary on the text.
- Detailed observations on overriding themes, timelines, history, and context.
- Word and phrase studies to help you unlock the broader meaning and apply it to your life.
- Probing, interactive questions with plenty of space to write down your response and thoughts.
- ISBN-13: 9780718035198
- ISBN-10: 0718035194
- Publisher: Harperchristian Resources
- Publish Date: June 2016
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.35 pounds
- Page Count: 144