Delve deep into to the grass roots of baseballs--the Minor League--and you'll find Cannibals, Shoemakers, and Zephyrs From the Coal Sox Nation to the Texarkana Casketmakers, Root for the Home Team brings you the most oddly original team names and the stories behind them.Root for the Home Team includes profiles of more than 150 teams and lists of hundreds more--plus fun facts, action shots, and team logos. Impress your baseball buddies with your depth of knowledge Did you know? - The Altoona Curve were dubbed without ever throwing a breaking ball, thanks to local railroad history.
- The Wichita Izzies had a fan so fanatical they named the team after him.
- The Mudville Nine were named after the fictitious team in the poem "Casey at the Bat." Root for the Home Team is a unique book any baseball fan will love.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781604332094
- ISBN-10: 1604332093
- Publisher: Cider Mill Press
- Publish Date: May 2012
- Dimensions: 7.42 x 9.01 x 0.32 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.33 pounds
- Page Count: 96