For fifteen years, The Savage Garden has been the number one bestselling bible for those interested in growing carnivorous plants. This new edition is fully revised to include the latest developments and discoveries in the carnivorous plant world, making it the most accurate and up to date book of its kind.You may be familiar with the Venus flytrap, but did you know that some pitcher plants can--and do--digest an entire rat? Or that there are several hundred species of carnivorous plants on our planet? Beautiful, unusual, and surprisingly easy to grow, flesh-eating plants thrive everywhere from windowsills to outdoor container gardens, in a wide variety of climates. The Savage Garden is the most comprehensive guide to these fascinating oddities, gloriously illustrated with more than 200 color photos. Fully revised with the latest developments in the carnivorous plant world, this new edition includes: - All the basics--from watering and feeding to modern advances in artificial lighting, soil, and fertilizers.
- Detailed descriptions of hundreds of plants, including many of the incredible new species that have been recently discovered and hybridized.
- Cultivation and propagation information for all the plant families: pitcher plants, Venus flytraps, sundews, rainbow plants, bladderworts, and many other peculiar plants from the demented mind of Mother Nature. Whether you're a beginner with your first flytrap or an expert looking for the latest exotic specimen, this classic book has everything you need to grow your very own little garden of horrors.
- ISBN-13: 9781607744108
- ISBN-10: 1607744104
- Publisher: Ten Speed Press
- Publish Date: July 2013
- Dimensions: 9.42 x 5.5 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.96 pounds
- Page Count: 384