In this boxed four-volume set that began with the bestselling Sensible Shoes, author Sharon Garlough Brown invites you to join in the journeys of Hannah, Meg, Mara and Charissa as they--and you--gain a new understanding of friendship, spiritual truths, and a deeper life with God.
In Sensible Shoes, you will meet these four women as they reluctantly arrive at a retreat center and embark together on a journey of spiritual formation. They find themselves drawn out of their separate stories of isolation and struggle and into a collective journey of spiritual practice, mutual support and personal revelation:
- Hannah, a pastor who doesn't realize how exhausted she is
- Meg, a widow and recent empty-nester who is haunted by her past
- Mara, a woman who has experienced a lifetime of rejection and is now trying to navigate a difficult marriage
- Charissa, a hard-working graduate student who wants to get things right
We continue the journey as the women face roadblocks in the second book, Two Steps Forward, and in the third book, Barefoot, they are challenged to embrace the joy of complete surrender. In the final book, An Extra Mile, the women are navigating both deep joy and devastating loss. Can they find equilibrium in the midst of all that has changed?
Find your own spiritual journey reflected in the lives of these women and discover the way forward as you walk the path by yourself or with a group of friends.
- ISBN-13: 9780830843343
- ISBN-10: 0830843345
- Publisher: IVP Books
- Publish Date: February 2018
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.7 x 3.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.8 pounds
- Page Count: 1455