Many of us fail to recognize that obtaining the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to getting to heaven. We often block their reception through our own faults. We fail to see how they are passed on or strengthened in the sacraments. And, sadly, we forget to petition God in prayer to bestow these gifts upon us.
In these pages, Dr. Kevin Vost 1/2 1/2 1/2 best-selling author of The One-Minute Aquinas 1/2 1/2 1/2 provides us with a substantive yet readable introduction to the seven gifts and how we can humbly submit our wills to the stirrings of the Holy Spirit.
As Dr. Vost explains, these God-given gifts help us to conform our lives to His image, intellect and will. They prevent us from being drawn into frustration 1/2 1/2 1/2 and possibly self-destruction 1/2 1/2 1/2 by following our own sensual appetites. Indeed, the gifts of the Holy Spirit are the only path to being fully happy on earth and in the life to come.
With St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Bonaventure as his guides, Dr. Vost introduces you to the special charism of the Holy Spirit before explaining each gift one by one. You'll discover the special meaning behind each of the natural and theological virtues, and you'll learn the indispensible link between the seven gifts and the Beatitudes. You'll also learn:
- How the seven gifts differ from the fruits of the Holy Spirit.
- The three ways to perfect fear of the Lord.
- The one sacrament that helps you fortify fortitude 1/2 1/2 1/2 it's not the one you think.
- How the gift of knowledge differs from the gift of understanding.
- The seven steps to unwrapping 1/2 1/2 1/2 and sharing 1/2 1/2 1/2 each of the Holy Spirit's gifts.
- The greatest of the seven gifts 1/2 1/2 1/2 and why you must possess it to attain heaven.
- Are the seven gifts habits we must develop, or does the Holy Spirit instill the habits in us?
Don't let another year go by without unwrapping and enjoying the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Read this book, and then accept the seven gifts the Holy Spirit so desperately wants to give you.
- ISBN-13: 9781622824120
- ISBN-10: 1622824121
- Publisher: Sophia Institute Press
- Publish Date: December 2016
- Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.5 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.65 pounds
- Page Count: 208