"With a frank and honest observation on how disability can unravel family unity, this book inspires and equips us to live out our faith as we interact with those we love."
-Joni Eareckson Tada, founder & CEO, Joni and Friends
Between the worry, the doctor's appointments, and the thousand small challenges of everyday life, it's easy to feel overwhelmed and exhausted. The idea of showing abundant love to every member of your family can feel like a daunting task. Jolene Philo has been there. And in this wise, warm, practical guide, she and Dr. Gary Chapman show you how the 5 love languages can help strengthen your marriage and family life--whatever your needs. Sharing dozens of stories from parents of children with special needs children, they teach you how to:
- protect your marriage amidst the stress
- discover and speak the love language of your child--even if they're nonverbal
- accommodate the love languages for children with special needs and disabilities
- show love to every member of your family when you have limited time, money, and energy
Having a special needs child shouldn't mean sacrificing a full family life. Learn to share love abundantly no matter your circumstances.
- ISBN-13: 9780802418623
- ISBN-10: 0802418627
- Publisher: Northfield Publishing
- Publish Date: August 2019
- Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.4 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.48 pounds
- Page Count: 176