An unmissable collection of eight unconventional and captivating short stories for adult and young adult learners.
"Olly's top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. I love his work - and you will too " - Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for NumbersShort Stories in Arabic for Intermediate Learners has been written especially for students from low-intermediate to intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, a feeling of progress and most importantly - enjoyment Mapped to B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference, these eight captivating stories are designed to give you a sense of achievement and a feeling of progress when reading.
- Controlled language at your level, including the 1,000 most frequent words, to help you progress confidently
- Authentic spoken dialogues, to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
- Pleasure It's much easier to learn a new language when you're having fun, and research shows that if you're enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won't experience the usual feelings of frustration: "It's too hard " "I don't understand "
- Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way Carefully curated to make learning a new language easy, these stories include key features that will support and consolidate your progress, including: - A glossary for bolded words in each text
- Full plot summary
- A bilingual word list
- Comprehension questions after each chapter As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying reading, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language, without ever feeling overwhelmed or frustrated. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in Arabic for Intermediate Learners will make learning Arabic easy and enjoyable.
- ISBN-13: 9781529302530
- ISBN-10: 1529302536
- Publisher: Teach Yourself
- Publish Date: July 2020
- Dimensions: 7.7 x 5 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.45 pounds
- Page Count: 224