A rare chance to know Jesus as his first disciples knew him.
What would it be like to journey back to the first century and sit at the feet of Rabbi Jesus as one of his Jewish disciples? How would your understanding of the gospel have been shaped by the customs, beliefs, and traditions of the Jewish culture in which you lived?
Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus will change the way you read Scripture and deepen your understanding of the life of Jesus. It will also help you to adapt the rich prayers and customs you learn about to your own life, in ways that both respect and enrich your Christian faith.
Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus takes you on a fascinating tour of the Jewish world of Jesus, offering inspirational insights that can transform your faith. Ann Spangler and Lois Tverberg paint powerful scenes from Jesus' ministry, immersing you in the prayers, feasts, history, culture, and customs that shaped Jesus and those who followed him.
In these pages, you will:
- Hear the parables as they must have sounded to first-century Jews, powerful and surprising.
- Join conversations among the rabbis of Jesus' day.
- Watch with new understanding as the events of Jesus' life unfold.
- Experience new excitement about the roots of your Christian faith.
This expanded edition includes a discussion guide for both individuals and groups, and instructions for a simple home Passover Seder celebration.
- ISBN-13: 9780310330691
- ISBN-10: 0310330696
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: February 2018
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.4 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.62 pounds
- Page Count: 304