If the loss of a feline friend has hit you particularly hard, know you are not alone.Read more...
If the loss of a feline friend has hit you particularly hard, know you are not alone.
In Soul Comfort for Cat Lovers, you will find validation, coping insights, and practical wisdom conveyed with spiritual warmth.
Liz Eastwood, CNC weaves her own experiences with advice from grief experts and stories from cat lovers to help you:
This book also explores evidence of the most soulful of soul comforts: the possibility of the continuation of your loved one's spirit-and your connection to that spirit-after death. This topic is discussed from a perspective of open-minded curiosity, without bringing in any particular dogma or religion.
Asserting that you can live wholeheartedly after loss, and that your feline friend would want nothing less for you, Soul Comfort for Cat Lovers is a compassionate handbook for your grief-healing journey.
PART 1 Coping with the Loss of Your Feline Friend: Wisdom for mind, body, and spirit
- How Long Should This Be Taking?
- Learning to Ignore Everyone Who Doesn't Get It
- Understanding What Feelings Are Normal at This Time
- Giving Sorrow the Space to Transform
- Replenishing Your Coping Reserves
- Using Ritual to Honor Your Cat, Heal, and Feel Connected
- Creating Something Positive Out of Grief Energy: The Tribute
- Saving Memories You Don't Want to Forget
- Choosing Continued Connection Instead of "Closure"
- Asking a Magic Question
- Considering the Right Time to Adopt Another Cat
- Knowing When and How to Get More Support
PART 2 Finding Comfort in Wonder: Allowing the possibility that death is not the end
- Choosing Wonder
- Looking at Experiences of Connection After Death
- Exploring Science That Suggests More to Life and Death
PART 3 Conclusion: Emerging Whole After Loss
- Emerging Whole After Loss
Appendix: Soul Comfort Poems for Ceremonies
About the Author
This item is Non-Returnable.