A timely and empowering book featuring "solid, practical advice for women on how to properly nurture their sons" (Kirkus Reviews).
From the moment a mother holds her newborn son, his eyes tell her that she is his world. But often, as he grows up, the boy who needs her simultaneously pushes her away. Calling upon thirty years of experience as a pediatrician, Meg Meeker, M.D., a highly sought after national speaker, assistant professor of clinical medicine, and mother of four, shares the secrets that every mother needs to know in order to strengthen--or rebuild--her relationship with her son.
- the crucial role mothers play in expressing love to sons in healthy ways so they learn to respect and appreciate women as they grow up
- the importance of teaching sons about the values of hard work, community service, and a well-developed inner life
- the natural traps mothers of boys often fall into--and how to avoid them
- the need for a mother to heal her own wounds with the men in her life so she can raise her son without baggage and limitations
- the best ways to survive the moments when the going gets tough and a mom's natural ways of communicating--talking, analyzing, exploring--only fuel the fire When a mother holds her baby boy for the first time, she also instinctively knows something else: If she does her job right and raises her son with self-esteem, support, and wisdom, he will become the man she knows he was meant to be.
- ISBN-13: 9780345518095
- ISBN-10: 0345518098
- Publisher: Ballantine Books
- Publish Date: April 2014
- Dimensions: 9.54 x 6.38 x 1.22 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.28 pounds
- Page Count: 341