A new way forward for sustainable quality of life in cities of all sizes
Strong Towns: A Bottom-Up Revolution to Build American Prosperity is a book of forward-thinking ideas that breaks with modern wisdom to present a new vision of urban development in the United States. Presenting the foundational ideas of the Strong Towns movement he co-founded, Charles Marohn explains why cities of all sizes continue to struggle to meet their basic needs, and reveals the new paradigm that can solve this longstanding problem.
Inside, you'll learn why inducing growth and development has been the conventional response to urban financial struggles--and why it just doesn't work. New development and high-risk investing don't generate enough wealth to support itself, and cities continue to struggle. Read this book to find out how cities large and small can focus on bottom-up investments to minimize risk and maximize their ability to strengthen the community financially and improve citizens' quality of life.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the underlying logic behind the "traditional" search for never-ending urban growth
- Learn practical solutions for ameliorating financial struggles through low-risk investment and a grassroots focus
- Gain insights and tools that can stop the vicious cycle of budget shortfalls and unexpected downturns
- Become a part of the Strong Towns revolution by shifting the focus away from top-down growth toward rebuilding American prosperity
Strong Towns acknowledges that there is a problem with the American approach to growth and shows community leaders a new way forward. The Strong Towns response is a revolution in how we assemble the places we live.
- ISBN-13: 9781119564812
- ISBN-10: 1119564816
- Publisher: Wiley
- Publish Date: October 2019
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 6.2 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.95 pounds
- Page Count: 256