'Henrik and Alex have managed to assemble all the anti-patterns that we see every day in organizations around the world into one book and provide plenty of useful tips for individuals wanting to change their paths and embrace a better way.' - Howard M. Johnson, Business Agility Lead at SolutionsIQ
What are the keys to successfully implementing change in corporations? The answers are hiding in plain sight
We would all love to know how to deal with the problems that threaten to stall or destroy our business projects. When we encounter roadblocks, we often have the sense that they could have been anticipated. Are we too focused upon solving issues, instead of preventing them?
With candour, insight, and a touch of humour, Henrik Gruber shares real-life case studies with a focus on what does or doesn't work and highlights the issues, questions and pitfalls most commonly faced by companies today.
Co-author Alexander Birke provides further insight and suggests innovative and effective methods and solutions the reader can set in motion straight away. Contributing authors offer fresh perspectives based on their diverse areas of expertise, including organisational development, human resources, startups, and leadership coaching, and consultation.
This book lays a groundwork for rooting out the issues that lie in plain sight yet are so deeply embedded in company structures that we often fail to see them before it is too late. Henrik and Alex explain why these prized hierarchies are no longer working for us and propose approaches to start tearing down those structures and building new networks and modes of collaboration.
Drawing upon extensive industry experience and discussions with various experts, Stumbling Across the Obvious unpacks the riddle of change in organisations by examining what really makes them tick.
How this book benefits you
As consultants, we help companies to change for the better, yet we ourselves are always changing with them, as we learn from them and learn together with them. By sharing our breadth of experience, we hope to help you to avoid the common pitfalls and patterns that hinder progress in corporations and set you on the path to a bright and prolific future.
- True stories
- Real-world advice
- Contains a wealth of information, tips and suggestions you can transfer directly to your current and future projects. The takeaway guides provide concrete direction and support to help you to recognise unproductive patterns, avoid potential pitfalls, and overcome obstacles.
- Actionable tasks
- Each chapter concludes with a section titled What to try or consider now, which contains a list of recommended topics to dive into, and proactive strategies and techniques you can set in motion straight away.
- Expert contributing authors
- Features guest chapters from authors who offer various perspectives based on their diverse areas of expertise, including organisational development, human resources, startups, leadership coaching, and consultation.
- ISBN-13: 9783951987903
- ISBN-10: 3951987901
- Publisher: Henrik Gruber
- Publish Date: December 2020
- Dimensions: 7.81 x 5.06 x 0.56 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.58 pounds
- Page Count: 268