An up-to-the-minute survival guide from the creator of Survivorman explores how to stay alive in the wild, in the jungle, in the desert, and in urban disasters.
From the sun-scorched sands of the Kalahari to the snake-infested jungles of the Amazon, Les Stroud has made a life of surviving in the harshest--and most remote--regions on Earth.
Now, the creator, producer, and host of the hit television program Survivorman transfers his decades of knowledge and experience to the pages of Survive , a practical guide that gives everyday readers a no-nonsense look at the real world of survival.
Stroud offers readers the essential skills and tactics necessary to endure in any corner of the globe, along with a wealth of insider information born of his own experiences in the outdoors and unavailable in any other book. Readers will learn:
- How to make a survival shelter and why a lean-to is largely a waste of time.
- Why survival kits are important, and why you should make your own.
- Where to find water and why drinking contaminated water is sometimes warranted.
- How to locate and trap small animals and why the notion of tracking and hunting large game is largely a pipe dream.
Whether seasoned in the outdoor arts or new to adventuring, all readers will learn something from Survive . Stroud's many colorful anecdotes and cut-to-the-chase philosophy not only make for an entertaining read, but also enhance anyone's ability to focus on the main goal when everything else has gone wrong--survival.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780061373510
- ISBN-10: 0061373516
- Publisher: William Morrow & Company
- Publish Date: November 2008
- Dimensions: 8.52 x 5.48 x 1.01 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.95 pounds
- Page Count: 384