The ancient art of tai chi has long-recognized benefits, which range from improved muscular strength to promoting health and longevity. Respected for centuries in China, it has established itself in the West as a simple and accessible aid to coping with the pressures of modern living. This book illustrates the popular, accessible Wu style, giving instructions on how to perform the short form with clear, step-by-step photographs. It explains the Taoist philosophy behind tai chi, and how to use energy flow and physical balance to improve practice, and includes additional sections on working with others, rooting techniques to improve balance, and relaxing and releasing exercises. With help on how to get the most from your practice, this book covers all aspects of the art, from its philosophical background, through to its many practical uses.
- A photographic guide to performing tai chi for health and peace of mind
- Includes advice on preparation, warm up, when and how to practise, and how to integrate regular tai chi into your lifestyle
- Contains a visual breakdown of the entire Wu form, with easy-to-follow instructions, and illustrations for every part of each movement
- For the more advanced practitioner there is also instruction on working with a partner, push hands exercises, and fighting without anger
- Takes tai chi into other aspects of life, with information on meditation, healthy eating and Chinese medicine.
- ISBN-13: 9780754835387
- ISBN-10: 0754835383
- Publisher: Lorenz Books
- Publish Date: June 2022
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 7 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.36 pounds
- Page Count: 128