Join Margaret Feinberg, one of America's most beloved teachers and writers, as she sets out on a remarkable journey to unearth God's perspective on food. What you discover will forever change the way you read the Bible--and approach every meal.
This groundbreaking book provides a culinary exploration of Scripture. You'll descend 400 feet below ground into the frosty white caverns of a salt mine, fish on the Sea of Galilee, bake fresh matzo at Yale University, ferry to a remote island in Croatia to harvest olives, spend time with a Texas butcher known as "the meat apostle," and wander a California farm with one of the world's premier fig farmers. With each stop, Margaret asks, "How do you read these Scriptures, not as theologians, but in light of what you do every day?"
Taste and See teaches us that:
- As we break bread, we find the satisfaction of our deepest hungers in the community our souls crave
- As we share our lives, we taste and see God's fruitfulness
- When we're tempted to lose heart--and we all will be--we find courage in listening to and participating in stories of God's rescuing ways
- In the midst of a busy life, we can all create space to taste and see God's goodness
Taste and See is a delicious read that includes dozens of recipes for those who, like Margaret, believe some of life's richest moments are spent savoring a meal with those you love. See you around the table
Praise for Taste and See:
"Margaret Feinberg's appetite for the feast of His grace makes you hunger for more of a fulfilling life. Read and taste the richest food for the soul "
--Ann Voskamp, bestselling author of WayMaker and One Thousand Gifts
"Margaret is a storyteller who never ceases to see the beauty of the world around us. If you love God, good food, and life around the table, this book will take you on an unforgettable culinary journey through the Bible."
--Jennie Allen, bestselling author of Get Out of Your Head and founder of IF: Gathering
- ISBN-13: 9780310354864
- ISBN-10: 0310354862
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: January 2019
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.4 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.4 pounds
- Page Count: 208