Why are reading conferences so important?
What do effective reading conferences look and sound like?
How do I fit reading conferences into my literacy block?
"Conferring," writes Jennifer Serravallo, "is where the magic happens." In this primer, she reveals that this seeming magic is actually purposeful, responsive instruction.
Jen presents conferences for six specific instructional situations: assessing, goal-setting, strategy lessons, and more. A rich design, replete with infographics and special features, guides you quickly from learning to teaching with:
- Jen's moves and language
- 9 videos of her teaching in K-8 classrooms
- 13 conference note-taking forms-one for each reading goal from the hierarchy in her Reading Strategies Book
- Suggestions for connecting emergent bilingual learners' language goals and reading goals.
With Jen's support, you'll discover the true magic of conferring-the joyous, aha moments you'll see in growing readers.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780325099156
- ISBN-10: 0325099154
- Publisher: Heinemann Educational Books
- Publish Date: January 2019
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 9.8 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.7 pounds
- Page Count: 128