Every great achievement starts with a question.
If questions wield such enormous power, why do our peak question-asking years top out around age four?
What are the contributing factors? More important, what steps can we take to re-learn and apply this valuable leadership skill?
Whether you're an aspiring leader or a seasoned executive, this book will give you the confidence to embrace the counterintuitive truth: when you overcome the urge to tell and instead ask a question, you put yourself in control by gently guiding the conversation.
This book examines:
- The 7 types of questions, when to use them, when to avoid them
- The framework for asking great questions
- A speedy way to raise your questions to a new level of insightfulness
- More than 1,000 questions in 20 categories essential to business and life
High-performing leaders create an environment where questions are welcomed because asking great questions changes conversations. And when you change the conversation, you can change a colleague's performance and an organization's culture.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781604946710
- ISBN-10: 1604946717
- Publisher: Wheatmark
- Publish Date: October 2011
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.31 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.39 pounds
- Page Count: 134