The kid-friendly series that makes history approachable, engaging, and funny From the publishing house that brought you the Who Was? books. The Thrifty Guide to Medieval Times: A Handbook for Time Travelers is a snappy, informative, illustrated travel guide with everything the sensible time traveler needs to know, like:
* Where I can find the best hovel?
* What are my healthcare options if I catch the Black Plague?
* How can I avoid being attacked by pillaging Huns?
* And most importantly, why on earth would anyone want to travel back to medieval times? This book is designed as a parody of Fodor's guides, complete with humorous maps, reviews of places to stay and top attractions (don't miss a jousting tournament . . . but watch out for lances ), and tips on whom to have lunch with (murderous Queen Olga of Kiev, naturally--just don't eat or drink anything around her ). If you had a time travel machine and could take a vacation anywhere in history, this is the only guidebook series you would need.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780451480286
- ISBN-10: 0451480287
- Publisher: Puffin Books
- Publish Date: August 2019
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 6 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.5 pounds
- Page Count: 176
- Reading Level: Ages 8-12