So, you want to hike the entire 2200 miles of the Appalachian Trail, which stretches across 14 states from Georgia to Maine?
Bestselling authors Greg Seymour and Jen Beck Seymour, who completed the trail on their first attempt, share their insights and personal stories in this easy-to-use guide.
Their 100 tips, tricks, traps, and facts tell you everything you need to know to plan a successful thru-hike. You will find the answers to questions such as:
- Why do most people quit and how can I avoid their mistakes?
- How do I do the doo in the middle of the woods?
- What animals should I worry about?
- What do zero, slack-packing and pink blazing mean?
- How do I plan and budget for a 5-7 month hiking trip?
- What permits will I need?
- How do I hike 2200 miles without destroying my feet?
- What gear do I need?
- Where should I NOT have sex when thru-hiking?
This book also includes a full list of thru-hiker slang words, as well as four different hikers' gear lists for you to peruse.
THRU-HIKING THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL is the perfect primer for anyone who wants to take this epic journey... and succeed.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781720656272
- ISBN-10: 1720656274
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
- Publish Date: June 2018
- Dimensions: 7.81 x 5.06 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.52 pounds
- Page Count: 236