This creative story from John Trent and Gary Smalley helps children understand different personality types and celebrate others' strengths. Follow the four best friends--a lion, an otter, a golden retriever, and a beaver--as they search for the golden keys to the Treasure Tree. On their adventure, they discover that their different character traits are some of the most precious treasures they have.
Based on the bestselling book, The Two Sides of Love: The Secret to Valuing Differences, this illustrated chapter book offers
- a unique, fun way for parents and children, ages 4 to 8, to discover their own personality strengths
- a six-chapter adventure story that demonstrates the basic characteristics of the four animal personalities
- classic, colorful illustrations and a durable hardcover case
- a personality test checklist to enable children to identify their own special character traits
- a note to parents to guide them in talking with their children about differences and in strengthening their family's relationships
With this valuable tool, your kids will better understand and respect both themselves and others and your family relationships will grow with more kindness, understanding, and patience. This innovative storybook is perfect for any gift-giving holiday but is an especially meaningful gift for children who are struggling to make friends or who are welcoming a new sibling.
- ISBN-13: 9780849958496
- ISBN-10: 0849958490
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publish Date: March 1998
- Dimensions: 10.29 x 8.15 x 0.49 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.29 pounds
- Page Count: 112
- Reading Level: Ages 4-8