A plain-English guide to the basics of trig
Trigonometry deals with the relationship between the sides and angles of triangles... mostly right triangles. In practical use, trigonometry is a friend to astronomers who use triangulation to measure the distance between stars. Trig also has applications in fields as broad as financial analysis, music theory, biology, medical imaging, cryptology, game development, and seismology.
From sines and cosines to logarithms, conic sections, and polynomials, this friendly guide takes the torture out of trigonometry, explaining basic concepts in plain English and offering lots of easy-to-grasp example problems. It also explains the why of trigonometry, using real-world examples that illustrate the value of trigonometry in a variety of careers.
- Tracks to a typical Trigonometry course at the high school or college level
- Packed with example trig problems
- From the author of Trigonometry Workbook For Dummies
Trigonometry For Dummies is for any student who needs an introduction to, or better understanding of, high-school to college-level trigonometry.
- ISBN-13: 9781118827413
- ISBN-10: 1118827414
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: February 2014
- Dimensions: 9.35 x 7.38 x 0.74 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Page Count: 384