A fresh look at what it means to lead from two of the biggest names in leadership
In these turbulent times, when the very foundations of organizations and societies are shaken, leaders need to move beyond pessimistic predictions, trendy fads, and simplistic solutions. They need to turn to what's real and what's proven. In their engaging, personal, and bold new book, bestselling authors James Kouzes and Barry Posner reveal ten time-tested truths that discuss what every leader must know, the questions they must be prepared to answer, and the real-world issues they will likely face.
In the book, you'll find:
- Material based on thirty years of research, more than one million responses to Kouzes and Posner's leadership assessment, and the questions people most want leaders to answer
- Explorations of the fundamental, enduring truths of leadership that hold constant regardless of context or circumstance-leaders make a difference, credibility, values, trust, leading by example, heart, and more
- Demonstrations of emerging leaders and what they need to know to be effective
Fans of The Leadership Challenge will find a dynamic new look at the real challenges leaders face today. The book draws from cases spanning three generations of leaders from around the world. It's an indispensable resource leaders can use to do their real and necessary work-bringing about the essential changes that will renew organizations and communities.
- ISBN-13: 9780470633540
- ISBN-10: 0470633549
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass
- Publish Date: August 2010
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.9 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.75 pounds
- Page Count: 224