" . . . the first of its kind to present the most frequently found combinations of Ukrainian words in a modern setting with fluid, pitch-perfect English translations."-- Michael S. Flier, Harvard University
The Ukrainian-English Collocation Dictionary provides the core Ukrainian lexicon as it is used in contemporary speech. This dictionary has no precedents in Ukrainian and Slavic bilingual lexicography and combines elements of six types of dictionaries: translation, collocation, learner's, thesaurus, phraseological and encyclopedic dictionaries.
The Ukrainian-English Collocation Dictionary will be useful to Ukrainian language learners of all levels (elementary, intermediate, advanced and superior), Ukrainian language instructors and instructors of theory and practice of translation, Ukrainian-English and English-Ukrainian translators and interpreters, comparative linguists, lexicographers, researchers, business people, journalists, and anyone with an interest in the Ukrainian language. It is an irreplaceable resource for Ukrainian-speakers who study English and native speakers of Ukrainian who wish to perfect and enrich their Ukrainian.
- Over 9,000 entries that comprise the most frequently used Ukrainian lexicon
- More than 200,000 word combinations
- 80,000 illustrative examples, including common Ukrainian idioms and their English equivalents
- A comprehensive introduction to the Ukrainian language and grammar
- ISBN-13: 9780781814218
- ISBN-10: 0781814219
- Publisher: Hippocrene Books
- Publish Date: June 2021
- Dimensions: 10.87 x 8.5 x 1.89 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.9 pounds
- Page Count: 1000