Grow your own vegetable garden with this practical, straightforward gardening guide.
There is nothing more fulfilling than growing your own home produce. You don't have to be a seasoned gardener to produce a healthy, flourishing garden -- all you need is a few seeds, water, sunlight, good advice and patience
- Covers the first year in detail, with the final chapter on "Next Steps" providing suggestions of what to do in years two and three
- Illustrations show you what the bed should look like from month to month
- Includes instructions on assessing your site and building a 4 x 10ft raised bed
- Alternative vegetables are recommended, allowing readers to tailor their bed to their taste
Veg In One Bed shows you that you can have a small thriving garden and still be able to maintain it, yielding fresh vegetables all year round. Learn what to do each month on your windowsill, where you'll raise seedlings and in your raised bed, where your plants will grow to maturity. Everything is explained in clear, illustrated steps: building your bed, growing from seed, planting, feeding and harvesting. This gardening book not only guides you through the whole process of building your raised bed through to harvesting your vegetables, but also provides sustainable gardening practices that resonate with all gardeners committed to protecting our planet. This makes for the perfect book for new gardeners who want to grow their own produce, as well as the new generation of gardeners who are seeking a gardening guru of their own age.
- ISBN-13: 9780241376522
- ISBN-10: 0241376521
- Publisher: DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)
- Publish Date: October 2019
- Dimensions: 9.3 x 7.7 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds
- Page Count: 224