Are you limited on space, but still find yourself yearning to grow vegetables? If so, vegetable container gardening may be the answer. As long as you have room for a container or two (or twenty), you can grow vegetables pretty much anywhere you want. They can be grown on your porch, your balcony or even on a fire escape. Container gardening allows you to quickly and easily set up a small garden that will provide you with vegetables for years to come. The following topics are covered in this handy guide:
- What container gardening is.
- The benefits of vegetable container gardening and why it's a good choice for aspiring gardeners.
- The 4 simple and inexpensive items you need to get started.
- Designing your vegetable container garden.
- Choosing a location for your containers.
- Choosing a container.
- A quick rundown of the pros and cons of the various materials containers are made of.
- What raised beds are and why they are a better choice than traditional gardens.
- How self-watering containers can save you from over- or under-watering your plants.
- What you need to know about soil.
- How to determine the pH of your soil.
- Good vegetables and herbs for container gardening.
- Growing vegetables in a shaded area.
- Reading a seed catalog.
- Starting seeds and transplanting seedlings.
- Fertilizing your plants.
- Integrated pest control.
- How to bring root bound plants back to life.
- Helpful tips for beginners.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781490326092
- ISBN-10: 149032609X
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
- Publish Date: June 2013
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.28 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.4 pounds
- Page Count: 130