In this six-session video Bible study, bestselling author Gary Thomas draws on Jesus' example to teach us how to handle difficult relationships--and to help us discern when we should walk away.
As Christians, we may feel that imitating Christ's love means we must always meet the needs of unhealthy people in our lives and endure poisonous relationships. Many of us have dealt with toxic individuals who drain us of our joy and peace--who never seem to change no matter how long we wait or how hard we pray. It's a hard truth, but sometimes the best course is to distance ourselves from certain relationships and dedicate our energy elsewhere.
Drawing from years of pastoral experience, Gary Thomas looks at biblical examples from the lives of Jesus, Paul, and Nehemiah to give you insightful, biblical wisdom that you can apply right away to the relationships around you. You'll discover how to:
- Learn the difference between difficult people and toxic people.
- Find refuge in God when you feel under attack.
- Discern when "enough is enough" and when to "wait it out."
- Keep a tender heart even in unhealthy relationships.
- Strengthen your defense and set healthy boundaries.
- Grow your inner strength and invest in reliable people.
We can't let others steal our joy or our mission. It's time to follow Jesus' example to walk away from toxic people and walk toward healthy relationships. And as we do, it frees us to focus completely on the purpose that God has established for our lives.
- Follow Jesus' Example (22:00)
- Recognize Toxic People (21:00)
- Build a Good Offense (22:00)
- Create a Good Defense (22:00)
- Speak the Truth (20:00)
- Align with Christ (22:00)
This pack contains:
- When to Walk Away Study Guide
- When to Walk Away Video Study DVD (streaming video access included)
- ISBN-13: 9780310110378
- ISBN-10: 0310110378
- Publisher: Harperchristian Resources
- Publish Date: October 2019
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.5 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.7 pounds