Here, at last, is a lavishly illustrated manual for ready identification of 299 common and economically important weeds in the region south to Virginia, north to Maine and southern Canada, and west to Wisconsin. Based on vegetative rather than floral characteristics, this practical guide gives anyone who works with plants the ability to identify weeds before they flower.
- A dichotomous key to all the species described in the book is designed to narrow the choices to a few possible species. Identification can then be confirmed by reading the descriptions of the species and comparing a specimen with the drawings and photographs.
- A fold-out grass identification table provides diagnostic information for weedy grasses in an easy-to-use tabular key.
- Specimens with unusual vegetative characteristics, such as thorns, square stems, whorled leaves, or milky sap, can be rapidly identified using the shortcut identification table.
The first comprehensive weed identification manual available for the Northeast, this book will facilitate appropriate weed management strategy in any horticultural or agronomic cropping system and will also serve home gardeners and landscape managers, as well as pest management specialists and allergists.
- ISBN-13: 9780801483349
- ISBN-10: 0801483344
- Publisher: Comstock Publishing
- Publish Date: June 1997
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 6 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Page Count: 408
- Reading Level: Ages 18-UP