Read and find out about the food chain in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
What do you and a tuna have in common? You are both part of a food chain that begins with green things and ends with you Other important questions answered in this book include: Can you get energy from sunlight? Why is every link in a food chain important?
This is a clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom. It features simple, engaging text by Patricia Lauber, fascinating diagrams, and beautifully detailed illustrations by Holly Keller. Both text and artwork were vetted for accuracy.
This is a Level 2 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores more challenging concepts for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780062382115
- ISBN-10: 006238211X
- Publisher: HarperCollins
- Publish Date: February 2016
- Dimensions: 7.8 x 9.8 x 0.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.25 pounds
- Page Count: 32
- Reading Level: Ages 4-8