Button-pushers come in all shapes and sizes, but they have one thing in common: Their behavior drives us crazy and makes us dream of ways to escape the mess we're in.
The person who pushes your buttons is likely someone who matters to you - a spouse, a parent, a boss, a fellow church member. Almost always this difficult person is connected to you by blood, love, faith, or money, so you can't just end the relationship without causing pain and upheaval in your life.
Our friends and today's culture will often advise us to abandon such relationships quickly - to end this unpleasant chapter and get on with our lives. Psychologist and author Dr. John Townsend disagrees, "Your button-pusher is not someone you would easily and casually leave. You are intertwined at many levels. It is worth the trouble to take a look at the ways the relationship you had, and want, can be revived and reborn."
In this easy-to-read book he offers
- Expert insights to help you understand your own button-pusher
- Wise assistance in determining the nature of the problem
- Compassionate help in identifying your failed attempts to fix things
- A hope-filled vision for what can be and how to make it come true
- Rich resources to help you navigate the necessary changes
- ISBN-13: 9780785289210
- ISBN-10: 0785289216
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publish Date: September 2007
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.4 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.45 pounds
- Page Count: 224