This easy-to-understand guide helps seniors get started with Windows 7
Many seniors use a home computer to stay connected to family and friends. This fun and friendly guide shows how to use Windows 7, the most popular operating system pre-loaded onto personal computers and laptops, to write e-mails, connect with family via Windows Live Messenger, download pictures with Photo Gallery, and listen to music using Windows Media Player.
Windows 7 For Seniors For Dummies uses a large font for the text that makes the book easier to read and it features magnified screen shots to help make the subject matter less intimidating. For Dummies author Mark Justice Hinton walks you through the basics of Windows 7, shows you how to customize the desktop so that it accommodates your needs, and explains how to use the webcam and instant messenger to keep in contact with family and friends. Plus, you'll get critical insight for protecting your personal information.
- Shows seniors how to stay connected to family and friends using the features of Windows 7
- Explains how to use the Internet, send and receive e-mail, upload and download photos, view video, listen to music, play games, use webcam and instant messenger, and more
- Discusses the important topic of keeping data and personal information safe and secure
- Uses a larger font for text and includes more than 150 enlarged screen shots
For seniors interested in getting started using the exciting features of Windows 7, Windows 7 For Seniors For Dummies is the ideal beginner guide
- ISBN-13: 9780470509463
- ISBN-10: 0470509465
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: September 2009
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.3 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.25 pounds
- Page Count: 408